Tuesday 11 August 2015

New Infusing Toy

Sounds a bit ominous, but I promise you.. It's pretty tame.

A month or so back I decided to jump on the bandwagon and purchase myself a water infusing bottle.   Great, I said, will make me drink so much more water, I said.  Of course, same as most things I used it twice then it put on its invisibility cloak and returned a gym bottle.

I must admit, the only thing that I really liked in it was strawberrys, and blueberries but this is probably because I didn't actually buy anything else to try... I dabbled with  bit of cucumber but I'm not gonna lie, it tasted a bit rough.  I'm a sugar gal.

But yeah, given the right strawberries, it tasted great, and I DID drink a lot more on the days I used it.  

Fast forward a month and I'm sitting here, Once Upon A Time marathon in full swing, and I am PARCHED.  As normal, being the avid soft drink fanatic that I am, I only have half a carton of hazelnut milk, a bottle of redundant strawberry and kiwi squash for emergencies that JUST.WONT.DO, and plain ole h20 in my fridge.  Here comes the ingredients for the genius which has become my debut blog....

1. Water infuser bottle filled with water (or a glass of water will do, if you're that quenched you haven't got time to faff)
2.  A couple of herbal/green tea bags (the amount depends on how strong you like it)
3. Sugar (small amounts, if needed, we are trying to be healthy after all!)



THATS RIGHT FOLKS, I have many herbal teabags knocking about my flat that smell amazing and taste..okay.., and that I've never got round to drinking.  So on impulse I thought, hey, I'm thirsty, I could really drink that Blackberry and Blueberry tea cold right now.

I dunked two teabags in a cold cup of water, and within a few minutes the water was pink and infused.  This is where my plan was devised.

My instructions to you are this.  Stick the teabags into the infusing tunnel, put it back in your bottle of water and voila.. Instant iced tea (ice optional). Tasty and hydrating, easy and cheap.

I can't wait for work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment